17 June 2015
- 2.8 and follow-up
- Issues list
2.8 and follow-up:
- See meet-up vidoes for details.
- GWT 2.8: 90% done. mainly waiting for Interop to finish
- Christian: waiting for jsinterop bug fixes
- GSS migration done for all of Google apps
- Fixed a few small bugs
- External folks can use a tool to convert CSS files to GSS: need to finish up this tool.
- Java8 emulation patches - need to get these in
- Bhaskar to ping reviewers to get these reviewed
- Google internally will sync to 2.8 branch after 2.8 is released, which will be used by internal apps that are not moving to the new tool.
- See Daniel’s presentation on ‘Modernizing GWT Applications’ for the migration story.
- GWT 2.8 will be a long-lived maintenance branch
- Master will be open for checkins, vetted by GWT Maintainers.
- Christian to look into writing a blog post.
- Issues moved to github. Downloads moved to Google Compute Engine.
- Daniel plans to write a summary of what changed and send it to contrib.
- Thomas: Life of an issue on github
- No direct mapping for closed but not fixed.
- Few other issues
- Thomas: plan to write up a short policy for issues and circulate with SC.